Confusing Name Space with Address Space and Technical routing issues, and the LAND RUSH of '97.

Randy Bush randy at PSG.COM
Wed Jan 29 10:41:00 EST 1997

> I believe that including education in some form in the charter is a
> wonderful idea, and one that doesn't add a huge burden in terms of cost,
> overhead, or staff.

The content of this list over the last weeks should have made clear how
much education is needed.  It is scary.  That the lack of it predominates
the content may give a clue to just how large and grody a job it is at the
registries.

When someone calls up ARIN screaming about their domain name, or that
their shoes don't fit, or ... you're just not going to be able to send
them to a consultant.  Stridency seems to be inversely proportional to
clue, as has been well demonstrated here.

randy