[Fwd: Confusing Name Space with Address Space and Technical routing issues, and the LAND RUSH of '97.]

James R. Cutler jcutle01 at ISCG.EDS.COM
Tue Jan 28 15:19:05 EST 1997

>It seems to me that the continued confusion on this point - the need for
>ARIN when there is already a perceived vehicle for registration of names
>- is significant.

Let me try to reduce the confusion:

No new terms needed.  ARIN is for Internet Protocol Address Assignment
and Registration.

Names are indeed delegated elsewhere. (with the sole exception of delegation
of subdomains of .in-addr.arpa.)  See the IAHC mailing list.

-
James R. Cutler
EDS Mail Stop 4165
800 Tower Drive, Troy, MI 48007-7012