Comments on the FAQ

Justin W. Newton justin at EROLS.COM
Sun Jan 26 23:15:41 EST 1997

I have a few comments on the FAQ on the web page that possibly should be
addressed....

Frequently Asked Questions

<SNIP>

6. Do you charge by the allocation?
     No. ARIN has a flat annual charge for each entity that comes to ARIN
for IP address space. The fees that are paid in any
     year are based on the amount of address space allocated to that entity
in the prior year. The goal is to have a simple
     mechanism to predict and allocate costs for anyone, both for ARIN's
budget purpose and the registrants.

--------------------MY COMMENTS BELOW----------------

Doesn't this conflict with the draft proposal section 2.3?

<SNIP>

11. I was assigned a Class C in 1994, will I be charged a registration fee?
     No. The registration fees detailed in the ARIN proposal are only for
new requests. Previously assigned IP numbers will not
     be charged a registration fee.

They will, however, be charged the annual maintenance fee.  This should be
mentioned here to keep people from saying that they were lied to later on.

<SNIP>

Both are little things, but they should probably be addressed.

Justin Newton
Network Architect
Erol's Internet Services