Reject the NAIPR

Bob Van Cleef vancleef at microunity.com
Mon Jan 20 18:51:38 EST 1997

> Maybe the web page didn't make it very clear, but the context of this list
> has certainly made it clear that the suggested pricing is only a first
> draft proposal.

But Michael, the web page is the only standard against which comments can
be made.  Especially in light of the fact that many, clear and focused questions
that have been posted to this mail list have been ignored, answered off-line, or
dismissed with a hand-wave.  Dredging through back e-mail is not acceptable.

Last week I posted a series of questions.  I tried my best to make them non-
flamatory and focused.  Except for an off-line telephone conversation with
Jerry Scharf (who knew me from my days at NASA) I basically received no
answers other than a terse "read the RFC."

Based on my experience with things of this ilk, updating and expanding the web
page should be "job one."  And not just for Kim, who I suspected is under
excessive pressure as is, but by a dedicated team of "volunteers" from the
core team of those who claim to understand what is going on.

Bob
Bob Van Cleef, Systems Administration                      (408) 734-8100
MicroUnity Systems Engineering, Inc.                   FAX (408) 734-8177
255 Caspian Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089-1015       vancleef at microunity.com