Good intent and somewhat competent

Nathan Soward nsoward at sprynet.com
Sun Jan 19 00:02:44 EST 1997

Stephen Satchell wrote:

> I would feel that way if the following were to happen:
>
> 1)  There was a detailed and legal specification for the work that neede to
> be done.
>
> 2)  There be a request for price quotations to perform the work detailed in
> the specification.
>
> 3)  There be a performance bond requirement, plus some proof that each
> bidder could indeed do the job and stick with it.
>
> 4)  The bids be made public, and discussed in public.
>
> If it weren't for the fact that I just took a new day job, I'd be
> interested in bidding for the business.  From the back-of-the-envelope
> calculations, I could do it for considerably less than the annual $1000 per
> committee member plus annual $2500 per allocation.  Remember, this registry

Gee I would also like to have a shot at becoming a multi Millon-air.  I
would quit my day job and any other job for a shot at this. Greed is an
ugly thing.  Who do these guys think they are kidding, somebody is going
to get rich here.  I wonder how much the 5 trustees are going to make
from this deal? What if one of the Big Guys or may be three MCI Sprint
AT&T etc. decide to buy all of the address space what do you think an IP
address will cost then?

Nathan

Nathan