Reject the NAIPR

Brett L. Hawn blh at nol.net
Sat Jan 18 22:03:34 EST 1997

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> I would suggest:
>
> 5: Someone honestly trying to the Right Thing, and soliciting
> constructive comments on the draft proposal.
>
> You're not helping.

How can anyone help when every reasonable idea that has been proposed was
either attacked as being 'fearful and conspiracy bound' or ignored by people
just like you. To this date we still have not seen Kim Hubbard (or anyone
else for that matter) justify the self perpetuating BoT, or even state that
they were wrong and are thinking up a new method. How hard can it be to say
'hey, we made a mistake, we're fixing it' or 'hey, f*ck you, we're the ones
doing this and you're just SOL', at least then we'd have a damn answer, one
way or the other.

Have you seen _any_ reasonable justification for the prices set down? or are
you going to lie down like a broken dog and assume that they're realistic?
Maybe you have lots of cash lieing around but I dont, that means I'm careful
when I shop for groceries and I'm careful when I shop for IP space. I want
facts and figures, I want to see HOW they came up with these prices (not
lame excuses like 'well, thats appx what APNIC charges'). I am not against
ARIN as a whole, I'm against the way its being handled, I'm against the
vaguery being thrown at us.

You and your friends scream time and time again 'stop with the conspiracy
concepts', great, I'm sure flemming and his crew will, just as soon as we
see some real data. I for one don't believe there is any great conspiracy, I
just believe that there are a number of people trying to cobble together a
solution without much thought or real life figures. Add to which I think the
lot of you are optimistic as all hell if you honestly believe that the
larger companies where small ISPs are 'supposed' to get their IP space from
wont abuse this and use it to generate more revenue (well beyond passing
equivlant value costs along).

[-]                Brett L. Hawn (blh @ nol dot net)                       [-]
[-]                Networks On-Line - Houston, Texas                       [-]
[-]                           713-467-7100                                 [-]