Reject the NAIPR

Paul Ferguson pferguso at cisco.com
Sat Jan 18 09:10:08 EST 1997

Folks,

It is obvious that members & affiliates of the AOP (Association of
Online professionals, who according to c|net radio, is an organization
representing ~600 small & medium sized ISP's) have been encouraged to
deluge this mailing list with notes of dissention, irrespective of
the fact that they do not completely understand the ARIN proposal.

In fact, I would suggest that in a majority of the cases, the smaller,
lower-echelon ISP's will obtain their IP addresses from their upstream
service provider and will be completed unaffected by the ARIN proposal.

This type of form-letter bombardment of this mailing list is extremely
annoying. This is not to say that constructive criticism & discussion
on the proposal is unwelcome, but it would be most appreciated if
folks would take a few moments to familiarize themselves with the
proposal before flooding the list with their dissenting messages.

- paul