MCI position on Class C... (fwd)

John Sweeting sweeting at MCI.NET
Fri Feb 7 10:45:20 EST 1997

Just thought everyone should be privy to this with one correction. Again
it is not standard MCI policy to send new ISP's to the InterNic. We fully
support and conform to RFC 2050 and the guidelines that the InterNic sets
forth regarding the allocation/assignment of registered Internet address
space. Thank you.
John

|  John Sweeting               Internet:  sweeting at mci.net    |
|  MCI Internet Services            http://infopage.mci.net   |
|  4408 Silicon Drive, P.O. Box 14901, RTP, NC 27709          |

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 10:25:03 -0500
From: The Innkeeper <the_innkeeper at sols.net>
To: John Sweeting <sweeting at mci.net>
Subject: Re: MCI position on Class C...

I did some more research into this after I sent the response to the list
and what had happened was a misunderstanding with the network folks...They
assumed I was a starting ISP (even though I provided them with MCI Ckt #'s
and the such) and said I must go thru InterNIC to receive my Class C (which
IS standard MCI policy)....From that point on I draw from their pool as I
was previously informed....I guess an honest mistake at the MCI end from
someone who may have been a wee bit tired....

- Steve -