Let's just go around in circles, shall we?

Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU
Mon Feb 3 14:12:15 EST 1997

On Sun, 02 Feb 1997 19:47:10 EST, Paul Ferguson said:
> ARIN cannot look into a crystal ball & predict whether a given prefix
> is routable in the Internet, and frankly, should *not* be in the business
> of predictions. This is simply not practical, and attempting to assume
> that one could actually do this is not in touch with reality.

I fully agree with that statement.  However, could somebody
please elucidate to me what ARIN's legal exposure is in giving
out a prefix longer than /19, when they know that *current* practice
will render it unrouted from many locations?

This sort of ties back to the straw man proposal I made a while
back re: /19's for multi-homed groups.  I saw one response to that,
and nothing further.  Are there any updates re: that?

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Engineer