Implied warranty of routability?

Stephen Satchell satchell at ACCUTEK.COM
Sun Feb 2 00:01:27 EST 1997

While the *idea* may be stated in RFC 2050, the concept that the ARIN is a
preferred embodiment of the idea is *not*.  I checked.

This is part of the rationale for ARIN, after all.  As such, stating the
fact and recapping the concept in a rationale document is not redundant at
all.

My pair-o-pennies(tm).

At 7:14 PM -0800 2/01/97, Paul Ferguson wrote:
>This is already stated in RFC2050; no need to be redundant.
>
>- paul
>
>At 11:28 PM 1/31/97 -0800, Stephen Satchell wrote:
>

>>What that says is that a block allocation from ARIN has a much better
>>chance of being "routable" than an arbitrary allocation without any
>>analysis.  In short, while the ARIN can't guarantee routing, it gives you a
>>much clearer chance of getting a routable block in a much shorter
>>timeframe.
>>
>>Kim, perhaps this points needs amplification in the next version of the
>>proposal, plus a good-sized block of text in the rationale.

---
Stephen Satchell, {Motorola ISG, Satchell Evaluations}
<http://www.accutek.com/~satchell> for contact and other info
Opinions stated here are my PERSONAL opinions.