Let us all bend over, apply the Vaseline...

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Wed Apr 30 23:28:46 EDT 1997

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Bob Atkins wrote:

> I've read them thoroughly. If I don't understand that a /19 block
> of address space is going to cost $2500/year on a recurring basis
> or $0.30 per host address then the description on the website needs
> to be re-written - its that simple.

Any ISP that can afford a multihoming-capable router and
two upstream Internet connections should have no problems with
$2500/year for their portable address space. As you point out, it's a mere
drop in the bucket, 30 cents per year per host address.

Most ISP's will not be multihoming, therefore will not need
portable address space and therefore, most ISPs will not be paying this
kind of a fee. But the big guys who get this valuable service from ARIN
certainly should pay for it and should have no problem affording it.

The bottom line is track record.  Not track tearing.  Not track derailing.
But pounding the damn dirt around the track with the rest of us worms.
       -- Randy Bush