Global council of registries???

David R. Conrad davidc at APNIC.NET
Mon Apr 28 22:44:36 EDT 1997

Excuse me Jimmy,

>Is everyone supposed to give this information to
>ARIN and then find out that someone from Erols
>or another "East Coast" ISP or the ISP/C is off
>discussing this information on the ISP mailing lists ?
>
>Yeah...that is what people want...
>line up here....take your ARIN pill....and watch
>your information be broadcast at the next sushi party...

If I might interrupt your fantasies for a bit, can you cite *ANY*
instance where information provided in confidence to any of the
regional registries was "broadcast" at any "sushi party" or anywhere
else?

Didn't think so.  Spreading your bullshit again -- don't you get
bored?

The regional registries take their confidentiality requirements *very*
seriously as we are well aware that we are dealing with information
organizations feel is of a private and confidential nature.

Given your frantasy of a "registry industry" and 10s or 100s of
registries, what do you think the chances are that a similar level of
confidentiality can be maintained? (not that I expect an answer)

Regards,
-drc