Global council of registries???

Stephen Satchell satchell at ACCUTEK.COM
Mon Apr 28 22:37:44 EDT 1997

At 4:23 PM -0500 4/28/97, Philip J. Nesser II wrote:

>Who decides who gets converted?  How do you decide it?  How to you know how
>much address space MIT (in this example) is actually using?  Who does this
>audit?  To carve out your 3000 /18's below you will leave MIT with exactly
>-769654784 IP addresses to use.  I guess they will have to go take all of
>Stanfords, BBN's and DEC's just to make up the diference.

MIT should know how much address space they are using.  In a perfect world,
some of the early players would return a majority of the "free space" back
to the pool.  As for who decides:

The owners do, under the audit of ARIN or whatever.

---
Stephen Satchell,{Satchell Evaluations, Motorola ISG}
http://www.accutek.com/~satchell for contact info
Opinions expressed are my own PERSONAL opinions.