Global council of registries???

Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU
Mon Apr 28 17:01:54 EDT 1997

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:55:17 CDT, Jim Fleming said:
> would you like to start with the MIT Class A ???

Check out the allocation date for that network.  At the time it happened,
it *did* make sense to do it, and there was no policy to revoke an allocation.

Remember how big the net was at that time, and what percent of the net
MIT composed, and the fact that probably *NOBODY* foresaw the sort of
growth we've seen in the last 5 years or so.

Now, can you cite a case that dates *after* the first hints that we'd
need CIDR in order to avoid a routing table explosion?

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Engineer