Global council of registries???

Philip J. Nesser II pjnesser at MARTIGNY.AI.MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 28 14:11:54 EDT 1997

Jim Fleming supposedly said:

> Here is a minimal "round table" for starters,
> in alphabetic order...
>
> 	AlterNIC
> 	APNIC
> 	eDNS
> 	IAHC
> 	InterNIC
> 	name.space
> 	RIPE

Why don't we just include groups that do IP address assignments (ie APNIC,
ARIN, RIPE & IANA, later to any other regional IP registries (ie, Africa,
Carribean, & Soth America).  I don't see any reason that the other
organizations you name should be involved.  No matter how often you try and
connect IP address assignments and DNS name structure, no one else wants
them linked.

--->  Phil