[Iana-transition] lanic update, ideas for new oversight board (MONC)

David Huberman David.Huberman at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 30 14:07:39 EDT 2014

Hello,

As someone who very much wants to see the addressing function taken away from ICANN and moved directly to the NRO, I'm not sure MONC is any more useful than the NRO self-governing. The NRO is, after all, strictly bottom-up.  RIR members elect board members. RIR board members select a CEO.  The CEOs run the NRO.  There's accountability up and down the chain.

My question is how do we leverage the NTIA's desire to step back to dissolve the MOU between USGOV and ICANN wrt the clause, "Establishment of policy for and direction of the allocation of IP number blocks;"

David

David R Huberman
Microsoft Corporation
Principal, Global IP Addressing