[Iana-transition] What form of supervision is needed?

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 12:55:46 EDT 2014

David,
I concur with the sentiment. Eliminate the tithe to ICANN if possible.
Transition functionality as close to RIRs as possible. This further
decentralizes the RIRs and discourages one jurisdictional entity from
having yet another central squeeze point.

As far as 'incorporation' of another legal entity, I don't see where that
is necessary when all participating RIRs can simply contract with one
another. Of course this would simply duplicate the
jurisdictional/administrative chokepoint and reintroduce overhead into the
process. Could you see all the RIRs agreeing on what country to incorporate
the NRO in?

Of course this silliness may be too experimental for the ICG or various
proposal middlemen...

Increasingly it looks like the sentiment is to retain the status quo, which
'by design' seems to be the easiest path.

Travis