[Iana-transition] NRO Proposal for consolidation of RIR regional inputs into single ICG response

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Oct 17 15:04:35 EDT 2014

On Oct 17, 2014, at 11:26 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>> Andrew - you don't think that the volunteers should be from the pool of
>> people already elected by the ARIN community for AC or ASO AC roles?
>
> While I know we are in the middle of an election,
> is there a way to get a "sense" of the AC as to
> whether there is likely to be sufficient number
> of members that could commit to this (likely)
> intense period of additional effort?  If not, we
> need to come up with an alternative quickly,
> regardless of whether the existing AC would
> be the appropriate pool (which I have already
> stated I think is the appropriate pool given the
> time frame).

Gary -

I was suggesting the AC and the ASO AC representatives from
this region as the pool of candidates.

Even before asking for volunteers, I am confident that there
are several interested just from those who have approached me.
(Once we're confident on the pool of candidates, I will send
a formal call to that group/list/whatever.)

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN