[Iana-transition] NRO Proposal for consolidation of RIR regional inputs into single ICG response

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Oct 16 21:20:09 EDT 2014

On Oct 16, 2014, at 6:09 PM, Louie Lee <louie at louie.net<mailto:louie at louie.net>> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 6:01 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com<mailto:seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 5:51 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net<mailto:jcurran at arin.net>> wrote:
On Oct 16, 2014, at 4:52 PM, Andrew Dul <andrew.dul at quark.net<mailto:andrew.dul at quark.net>> wrote:

> I find it a little concerning that last week when some of us asked (at
> the ARIN meeting) about how the global process was going to work there
> wasn't really a response.  And then 6 days later there is this
> "proposal"...that apparently the NRO EC has all agreed to?

This proposal was written since that time, and is a proposal for the community to discuss.

Well i think it should have been presented at the ARIN meeting, since you say its been written since.

I am certain that John meant that the proposal was written after the time of the ARIN meeting last week, so was not available for presentation at the ARIN meeting.

Correct - it wasn’t until after some ntensive editing this week at ICANN
that a starting draft was agreed upon (ideally, it would have nice for it to
have been earlier in the this week here as well, since there were ample
questions about how this was going to be handled throughout the week.)

As it is, we now at least have a initial draft to start discussing in each
region...

FYI,
/John

p.s. By the way, the accompanying global mailing list proposed for discussion
       is now up and available - https://www.nro.net/mailman/listinfo/ianaxfer