[Iana-transition] [IANA-TRANSITION] LANIC UPDATE, IDEAS FOR NEW OVERSIGHT BOARD (MONC)

Jason Schiller jschiller at google.com
Wed Nov 12 19:52:01 EST 2014

I also found this:

After further investigation, seems I am missing part of where the SLAs
are...

There was a consultation process on performance standards that occurred
from Nov 20, 2012 through Feb 28, 2013.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/iana-kpis-2012-11-20-en

The result of that consultation concluded that the IANA should provide a
monthly report on key performance indicators, as well as data about request
made and processed, and implementation of new global policy.
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/report-comments-iana-kpis-22apr13-en.pdf

The archive of those reports can be found here:
https://www.iana.org/performance/metrics
You will want section c293 for the number resources part (append #c293 to
any of the URLs in the archive to jump straight there)

There was also some discussion about an unpublished "working" document that
the IANA operators and RIRs traded back and forth.  I'm not sure if that
has any more detailed metrics then the previous documents, or the consultation
process on performance standards, its results, and monthly reports that are
currently available.  If so, maybe John Curran, Leo Vegoda, Elise Gerich,
or her predecessor can dig that up and would be willing to share it with
the CRISP team as another input?

If not, then I would point the community to the monthly metrics and ask if
what they find in c293
<https://www.iana.org/performance/metrics/20140930#c293> sufficient?  And
if not what additional metrics / data would they like to see?

___Jason