[General-members] 2022 ARIN Election Results

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Oct 31 14:37:03 EDT 2022

The 2022 ARIN Elections concluded at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, 28 October, and ARIN wishes to congratulate those elected by the community to serve on the Board of Trustees, Advisory Council (AC), and NRO Number Council (NRO NC).
Board of Trustees
Robert Seastrom and Hank Kilmer have been elected, and incumbent Bill Sandiford has been re-elected to the Board of Trustees. Each will serve a three-year term commencing 1 January 2023. I hope you will join myself and rest of the Board of Trustees in thanking Ron da Silva, Naseem Bawa, William Sylvester, and Muhammad Adeel Javaid for their participation in this year’s election. Their interest in contributing to ARIN’s future, and their concern for the governance of the organization and the Internet are deeply appreciated and we look forward to their continued participation.
Advisory Council
Gerry George, Kendrick Knowles, and Gus Reese have been elected, and incumbents Alison Wood and Brian Jones have been re-elected to the Advisory Council for terms beginning 1 January 2023. The Board of Trustees thanks Douglas Camin and Jawaid Bazyar for their participation in this year’s Advisory Council elections and looks forward to their continued involvement in our community, including policy development in our community.
NRO Number Council
Nick Nugent has been elected to a seat on the NRO NC from the ARIN region. His three-year term will begin 1 January 2023. The Board of Trustees wishes to thank Kate Gerry for her participation as a candidate in this year’s election and looks forward to her continued participation within the global Internet community.
Thanks and Appreciation
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I would like to recognize and thank outgoing Board member Catherine Middleton. Catherine has served on the ARIN Board since 2019, and in that time has contributed fresh perspectives and keen insights on ARIN’s governance and organizational practices. We appreciate all of her efforts and dedication to the organization and look forward to her continuing participation in the ARIN community.

We would like to extend our heartfelt appreciation and thanks to outgoing Advisory Council members Joe Provo, Alyssa Quinn, and Kerrie Richards. Each has contributed to our community and done tremendous work in their roles on the Advisory Council and beyond. We look forward to their continued interest and involvement in ARIN policy development.

In addition, we also wish to offer thanks to Martin Hannigan, outgoing representative on the NRO NC for his many years of service and passionate engagement with ARIN and the global Internet community.

Regards,

John Curran
President and CEO

2022 Nomination Process Summary

In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws and ARIN Election Processes:
A call for nominations for the Board of Trustees, Advisory Council, and NRO Number Council went out to the ARIN community via the ARIN Announce and General Members mailing lists and ARIN’s website. ARIN’s Call for Nominations closed at the specified date and time as publicly announced.
The ARIN Nomination Committee put forward the slate of candidates, noting assessed qualifications. Eight self-nominations were received for the Advisory Council and seven self-nominations were received for the Board; all were present on the Slate of Candidates at the time of initial publication. One AC candidate later withdrew. ARIN received two nominations for the NRO NC, and they were both put forward.
ARIN’s President and CEO notified the Membership of the slate of candidates for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and NRO Number Council.
Candidate biographies were posted to the ARIN website and the Voting Contacts of all eligible General Members in Good Standing were sent an email with a link to the 2022 Voter Guide that contained the candidate biographies and given the opportunity to read and post Statements of Support for each candidate.
Each candidate was provided an opportunity to address the ARIN Membership at the ARIN 50 Public Policy and Members Meeting on Thursday, 20 October 2022. Video recordings of these were made available the next day.
2022 Election Process Summary

In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
ARIN President and CEO John Curran certified a list of eligible member organizations and affiliated Voting Contacts. ARIN Board of Trustee Nancy Carter confirmed the President’s review.
Online voting for eligible General Members in Good Standing began 20 October 2022 at 3:00 PM EDT. Voting closed eight days later (28 October 2022 at 7:00 PM EDT). All online votes were confirmed.
Quorum in the Board and AC elections was achieved as ballots were cast by over 5% of the total eligible General Membership.
Adherence to approved voting procedures and the vote tally were confirmed by ARIN President and CEO John Curran, ARIN Board of Trustee Nancy Carter, and ARIN General Counsel Michael Abejuela.
Election Results

2022 Board of Trustees Election Results
RankCandidateTotal CountPercentageElected
1Bill Sandiford61869.75%Elected
2Robert Seastrom42547.97%Elected
3Hank Kilmer35339.84%Elected
4Ron da Silva34438.83%
5Naseem Bawa24727.88%
6William Sylvester15217.16%
7Muhammad Adeel Javaid657.34%

Voting Participation: 886 ARIN General Members (via 731 Voting Contacts); 13.93% of total eligible General Members (12.38% of eligible Voting Contacts)

2022 Advisory Council Election Results
RankCandidateTotal CountPercentageElected
1Alison Wood62970.99%Elected
2Brian Jones57765.12%Elected
3Gerry George51758.35%Elected
4Kendrick Knowles42848.31%Elected
5Gus Reese40745.94%Elected
6Douglas Camin31335.33%
7Jawaid Bazyar17119.30%

Voting Participation: 886 ARIN General Members (via 731 Voting Contacts); 13.93% of total eligible General Members (12.38% of eligible Voting Contacts)

2022 NRO Number Council Election Results
RankCandidateTotal CountPercentageElected
1Nick Nugent59658.60%Elected
2Kate Gerry32932.35%

Voting Participation: 1,017 ballots cast with 886 ARIN General Members (via 731 Voting Contacts), and 131 eligible NANOG 86/ARIN 50 Meeting attendees. Some voters did not cast a ballot in this election.

2022 Voter Statistics
7,386 ARIN General Members in total as of 5 September 2022
6,361 ARIN eligible organizations** as of 5 September 2022
Active Participation Amongst ARIN General Membership for Board and Advisory Council Election: 886 ARIN General Members cast ballots (via 731 Voting Contacts)
Active Participation in NRO NC election: 925 ballots were cast; 794 ARIN General Members via 664 Voting Contacts, and 131 NANOG 86/ARIN 50 Meeting attendees.
**ARIN Member in Good Standing with a properly registered Voting Contact linked to an ARIN Online account as of 05 September 2022.