[dbwg] WHOIS Change Announcement

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Mon Jun 16 15:17:57 EDT 2003

Is that my understanding then that you're adding this to ORG table?

Did you check how many organizations are out there that have some ip
blocks with rwhois and some without it? I bet its 1/2 of those who use
rwhois if not more - especially considering when companies bought each
other and then began to transfer under one unified orgid. So how are these
cases going to be handled? What about when you want one rwhois server for
one ip block and possibly different for another?

Also for the example below can we change "rwhois://whois.example.net:43/"
to just "whois://whois.example.net:43/", that would be more appropriate.