[dbwg] Portable/non-portable flags gone?

Joe Provo joe.provo at rcn.com
Thu Oct 31 12:44:44 EST 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 02:50:39PM -0400, ginny listman wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Joe Provo wrote:
> >
> > Seems that in the change over to the new format, "non-portable" flags
> > got dropped, munged or changed to non-displaying.  Everything I check
> > that 'should' have the modern equivalent of the old "ADDRESSES WITHIN
> > THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE" don't have anything in the only space
> > I'd expect something ("Comment:"). Recent allocations do appear to
> > properly be tagge; is ARIN going to true up with old data or do
> > delegaees need to re-file portability status with ARIN?
>
> You have found a bug in the registration software. This bug has also been
> reported by someone from Telus. We have corrected the bug and are working
> on correcting any records for templates that were processed prior to the
> fix. You should see the corrected record in tomorrow's WHOIS.

"Tomorrow never comes".

I presume ARIN has the old data somewhere and there actually is interest
in correcting this problem? Seems it would be easier to translate the
old data than deal with a flood of re-filed requests.

Any timeframe?

Cheers,

Joe

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  508.486.7471
Director, Internet Planning & Design                 Fax    508.486.7610