New templates (Org-detailed) and June change details

Jill Kulpinski Jill.Kulpinski at exodus.net
Fri May 17 18:35:20 EDT 2002

Hello All,
We are looking for some thoughts, information and guidance with regards to the ARIN database migration:

When the Org - Detailed request is submitted when we will see changes to the database?  Will it be processed as soon as it is received or some time in June after the official migration?  Is there a date in June when then changes will all be processed together or will it be an ongoing change?

What changes will take place on our Resources that will resolve to the main Org?  Will everything automatically populate to resolve to the new Org and is there anything we need to do to our Resources prior to the fact or should we wait and check for errors after?  Are current Maintainers = Resources?  This is a semantics question.

We are preparing to make several changes to our current Maintainers (Resources) with regards to Allocations associated with certain Maintainers that should be associated with others and restructuring our Netname naming conventions.  Is this something we can do down the road or do we need to have this in place prior to the database migration?  Basically, if you have a number of Maintainers that belong to the same organization and you want to create an Org at this time, what is the impact overall.

With regards to POCs:  What is going to be publicly available?  I know that there were some discussions regarding this a couple weeks ago but I did not see much feedback.   In order to best account for employee changes, is the admin. contact as an alias (among 3 people) going to be a big issue as it says ARIN prefers it is an individual.  How much is the preference "required"?

Can you also provide the ad-hoc e-mail address for any non-standard changes (i.e. such as Maintainer name modification on a large scale).

Thanks very much and any feedback and assistance is appreciated.

Jill Kulpinski and Team
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless Service
jill.kulpinski at exodus.net
(408) 346 2563 Phone