ARIN Conversion: Template Instructions Now Available

Whipple, Scott (CCI-Atlanta) Scott.Whipple at cox.com
Tue Jul 16 15:53:05 EDT 2002

Yes that is what I'm suggesting.  I'm also willing to go a little farther on the Org query and lean toward what Lee said.  Eliminate the the Admin from ever showing up in a whois query.  I don't think we can eliminate the Org techs from showing up unless there is an abuse/noc contact, and from what I think I remember abuse/noc contacts are not required to complete an Org template but the Org tech is required.  Because we have to have some contacts showing up for our resources if a company doesn't create an abuse/noc POC we have to list at least the Org Tech contacts.  These are my new compromised suggestions.

Query 1: An Org
Response 1: Only includes abuse or noc contacts unless no abuse/noc contacts are listed, then org techs are listed.

Query 2: A resouce that has POCs associated with it
Response 2: Display only the resource POCs

Query 3A: A resource that does not have POCs associated with it, and the
Org has Abuse and/or NOC contacts
Response 3A: Display the Org Abuse and/or NOC

Query 3B: A resource that does not have POCs associated with it, and the
Org does not have Abuse and/or NOC
Response 3B: Display the Org Techs

Scott