Handle Generation

Louis Lee louie at equinix.com
Wed Apr 17 14:30:07 EDT 2002

Dave,

You should still be free to select your own netname for customer
reassignments.  The new handles will no longer be generated from the
netnames that we submit in our requests/SWIPs to ARIN.  Rather, they will be
generated from the IP address itself.

I presume that we should still be able to do lookups against both netnames
and handles.  But since netnames don't have to be unique anymore....

Louie
Louis Lee                             louie at equinix.com
Staff Network Engineer             office: 650/316-6162
Equinix, Inc.                         fax: 650/316-6903
http://www.equinix.com/