[Fwd: Re: phone types]

ginny listman ginny at arin.net
Fri Dec 29 10:01:30 EST 2000

It would not be difficult to check.  However, a country code is a required
field.  If the country code is US or CA, if the +1 was not provided, the
software should be intellegent enough to add it.  I want to avoid sending
back errors that would be easy for us to fix.  If the information is input
via the web, it would not allow you to submit.

As far as sending a message back regarding invalid information, that is
one of our goals.  Ideally, manually processing by RSG should be at a
minimum.

As far as going back and asking for valid information for the "nomailbox"
mailboxes, we plan on doing a re-registration to verify the existing data
in the database.  However, this will probably be 2-3 years away.  This
rule will be enforced going forward.

Ginny