phone types

Alex Kamantauskas alexk at tugger.net
Wed Dec 27 13:03:05 EST 2000

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, ginny listman wrote:

> Well, a cell (or mobil) phone is really a commercial phone, both are
> voice.  When placing a call, It doesn't matter if I'm calling a mobil
> phone.  I'm just expecting a voice on the other end.

 I suppose I was viewing the cell/mobil phone as a secondary voice number
 -- if you call the primary Commercial number, and you get no answer (or
 voice mail), you can then try the secondary Commercial number (if one is
 supplied) and try your luck with the cell phone.

> Although pager numbers can be voice, it would be nice to know that you
> will be dialing a pager and may have to enter a number.  As far as other
> devices, what else would you like to see?
> (Any objections?) This leaves, Commercial, Fax and Pager so far.

 Not really, I'm just playing devil's advocate

--
Alex Kamantauskas
alexk at tugger.net