Finally

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Wed Oct 18 12:16:22 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I am finally getting around to clew after the meeting in DC.....lot's of
stuff piled up here and some pre-winter vacation (projects around home) to
take care of....but now I'm back.

As I recall from our outstanding informal clew meeting there is some real
interest in getting some support documents and other educational initiatives
under way.....

Two major efforts to pursue as I recall the meeting (someone from ARIN maybe
took some notes...I'd appreciate a copy being posted)....

Support document which would help ISPs educate their customers about the IP
allocation and assignments issues and policy supporting the ISPs actions and
ARINs policies.  I intend to get a table of contents for such a document
drafted.  I would like any or all of you to send your thoughts about what
should be in this document....you may send it before my draft is forwarded
or after...

We should ALL look at ARINs web site with an eye toward useability and
content..... I think there is lots of fine information there now and we need
to locate what IS already there in order to eliminate recreating the
wheel....if we can provide a pat on the back for current success...we
should.... if we need to critique its organization or content we should as
well.

Let me know you're listening.

Bill Darte
ARIN AC and Clew Chair