Long over due

Jason Redisch jredisch at virtela.com
Wed May 10 12:28:10 EDT 2000

Hello All,
	At some point before the next meeting I wanted to discuss the transfer
policy.  I don't know if this is the right forum or not, but since it is the
only active one.. .

	At the last meeting the fact that transfers have increased was brought up
and the whole transfer policy was to be revisited at the next meeting.

from the minutes:
"The number of organizational transfers have been increasing. Whether this
is due to organizations not having to justify space, or because the fee is
minimal, is not clear. Members were asked to be thinking about whether
ARIN's transfer policy should be changed. Statistics on the number of
transfers will be provided in the future."

I think it would make sense to discuss this either here or in the policy
working group.  I have some ideas about how we might be able to better
protect the community from 'unjustified' transfers and would really like to
hear others input on this topic.

Jason Redisch 		(w) 720-528-4368
Sr IP Engineer			(f) 720-528-4361
Virtela Communications