[Arin-whoisrws] identify isp owner based on ip address

Stephen Woodrow woodrow at csail.mit.edu
Sat Aug 21 15:21:40 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Chad Rebuck <chadrebuck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see many whois responses show a section like this:
>
> AT&T WorldNet Services ATT (NET-12-0-0-0-1) 12.0.0.0 - 12.255.255.255

Without seeing your queries, I don't understand why this might be a concern.  If
it's regarding more specifics, there are certainly more specific assignments
within 12.0.0.0/8: http://whois.arin.net/rest/cidr/12.0.0.0/8/more.  If you're
not seeing anything more specific, the block/address in question may not be
assigned or may be in use by the ISP itself.  Note that I am not a network
operator -- caveat lector.

> Is there a master list containing the entire listing of all whois.arin.net
> records?

You might be looking for this:
https://www.arin.net/resources/request/bulkwhois.html.

--Steve