[Arin-whoisrws] Changes to Whois-RWS

Garth Dubin gdubin at arin.net
Mon Nov 16 13:24:27 EST 2009

All,

A few changes to the Whois-RWS will be rolled out this afternoon.  You may notice a small outage during the upgrade but we'll try to keep it to a minimum.

Most of the changes this time around were refactoring of existing code and won't have any noticeable client-side effect.  A few bugs were fixed and there were two new features added:

 1.  XML responses will now have a default stylesheet in the header.  Any RESTful url ending in .xml will look like it's HTML counterpart when viewed through most web browsers.  It will not effect other methods of viewing the XML content.
 2.  Searches that return no data will return 404's instead of just empty lists.

Again, we welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions.

Garth Dubin
ARIN Software Engineer