[arin-tech-discuss] Who can generate ROAs when a holder reassigns or reallocations address space?

Andrew Gallo akg1330 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 09:34:40 EDT 2024

If a holder of address resources reassigns or reallocates a portion of
that space, who can create an RPKI ROA?  The original holder (parent),
the downstream org that has the delegated portion of the space?

The three options for reassignment/reallocation are
     Simple Reassignment
     Detailed Reassignment
     Reallocation
(definitions below)

Based on my reading, Simple Reassignment allows only the 'parent' (or
delegating) org allowed to create ROAs.  But what about Detailed?  The
downstream org can have POCs and maintain reverse nameserver records.
Can they also generate ROAs or IRR objects?

What about Reallocation?

Thank you.