[arin-tech-discuss] Unable to create new ORGIDs

Lisa Liedel lliedel at arin.net
Tue Jul 20 14:51:10 EDT 2021

Hello Brian,

We've reviewed your account and we do see that other Org IDs were created with physical addresses outside the ARIN region. We do note, however, that these Org IDs were created prior to both the policy changes and the changes in ARIN's business practice as announced on 01-Mar-2021, located at: https://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-announce/2021-March/002506.html. When requesting an Org ID, even for SWIP or geolocation purposes, ARIN needs to be able to validate the entity requesting the Org ID, or vet the organization and obtain a signed Registration Services Agreement (RSA) prior to the creation of the Org ID. This vetting is completed to ensure ARIN is entering into a contact with the legally registered entity. ARIN's long standing practice has been to vet the organization in the location of the physical address listed on the Org ID. Our Director of Registration Services will contact you off list to discuss the options for your requested needs. I will contact you off list to discuss the options for your requested needs.

Regards,

Lisa Liedel
Director, Registration Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers