[arin-tech-discuss] Expired whois.arin.net certificate

Reggie Forster rforster at arin.net
Tue Dec 15 17:33:09 EST 2020

We replaced a load balancer appliance yesterday evening (approx 6:10PM ET on 12/14) at one of our three public facing sites. During the replacement, an older cert was introduced to the then primary appliance (previously updated) which impacted clients doing certificate checking for RDAP, Whois-RWS, and https://whois.arin.net<https://whois.arin.net/> services, if their query touched that site.  The old cert didn’t trigger alerts, was noticed by a customer, and immediately updated today (12/15 at 2:15PM ET).  We’re researching to ascertain why the existing appliance reverted to an older cert.

Thanks,
Reggie Forster