[arin-tech-discuss] Connection problem

Jon Worley jonw at arin.net
Wed Dec 27 09:58:55 EST 2017

Hello,

ARIN is the registry for IP addresses/AS numbers within the US, Canada, and portions of the Caribbean. We maintain a registry of the resources assigned within our region; we don’t actually control the networks that use these resources. For that reason, we can’t directly help with this sort of issue. It’s not our server; it’s a server operated by someone else. The best assistance we can provide is to provide registration information for a given IP address. As an example, for the IP addresses you noted, if you go to www.arin.net<http://www.arin.net> and enter them into the search Whois box in the upper right, you’ll find registration information. It appears all are registered through APNIC (ARIN’s equivalent in the Asia-Pacific region); you can get APNIC’s registration information here:

                http://wq.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl

You can then use that registration information to assist in solving your problem – for example, to contact whatever network may be problematic in terms of connecting. Ultimately, the problem has to be solved between your ISP and that remote network hosting the server to which you’re trying to connect.

Good luck!

Jon Worley
Technical Services Manager
ARIN Registration Services