[arin-tech-discuss] Can't delete an IP Reassignment

SREENATH MENON zreenathmenon at gmail.com
Sat May 9 07:25:36 EDT 2015

Hi,

Hope someone will help me out in this.

I was able to successfully reassign IP's from my company to our users using
ARIN's documentation.

Now, I need to delete some of those reassignments(since they have canceled
their services) and reassign it to some other users.

I am using *DELETE METHOD.*

*I am not able to delete the reassignments from backend*

*My code is :*

*===========================*
$url = "
https://reg.arin.net/rest/net/104-153-72-4-1?apikey=API-***************";
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "DELETE");
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HEADER, false);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($curl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type:
application/json',"OAuth-Token: $token"));

$response = curl_exec($curl);
*============================*

*It's returning the following response:*

*========================*
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><error xmlns="
referenced object does not
referenced object does not exist.</message></error>
*========================*

*.ie. the error message is "**The referenced object does not exist.".*

*When I try to execute the same directly from terminal via curl command,
it's working.*

curl -v -H "Content-Type: application/xml" -X DELETE
https://reg.arin.net/rest/net/NET-104-153-72-2-1?apikey=*******************

*Has anyone faced this issue earlier.*

*Can someone help me out in this.*

*Thanks,*