[arin-tech-discuss] SWIP and GeoIP

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Tue Oct 8 10:41:03 EDT 2013

We have a customer who operates VPN services with us.  They have their
own ARIN OrgID, and we would like to be able to reassign all their IP
addresses to that organization (so that they can receive any abuse
reports directly, rather then having to relay them).

They have reported to us that various GeoIP providers are using the
location of the ARIN contact to determine where an IP is located. The
customer would very much prefer that the location of the IPs match the
datacenter's location, rather then the customer's location.

Does anyone have suggestions for handling this properly?  Looking at the
data returned by WHOIS, it seems the only way they're going to be able
to specify a location is by creating a separate organization and contact
for each datacenter.  Is that the best solution here?