[arin-tech-discuss] Issue raised by community member

Tim Christensen timc at arin.net
Mon Nov 4 13:42:23 EST 2013

Greetings Jason,

I'm having trouble replicating the issue that you reported.  I have attempted to create both POCs and ORGs with a variety of combinations of country codes (including the valid "GB" and invalid "UK"), along with variations of iso3166-2 (state/province) codes (for which ARIN's system does not edit unless the country is 'US' or 'CA').

In each case, I got back either 400/Bad Request with E_ENTITY_VALIDATION and a descriptive message of the error, or in cases where the input was accepted, a 200/OK and a result payload. In no case was I able to replicate your 500/E_UNSPECIFIED error.

Could you provide a (rather sanitized, without your API key or other sensitive information) copy of the method and payload that you were sending to the list, so that I can try to replicate the issue?

Also, can you provide the time/date that you attempted this request, and whether it was against the production system or against the OT&E test system? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Best regards,

Tim Christensen
ARIN Engineering