[arin-tech-discuss] Determine unvalidated POC via RWS?

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Thu Oct 25 10:27:42 EDT 2012

On 10/24/12 8:44 PM, "Chris Spears" <cspears at internet2.edu> wrote:

>Is there a way to determine an unvalidated POC record via the RWS?  While
>it appears nice and clear on the ARIN website (when logged in, for
>resources you control), it's not possible to glean elsewhere.  I'm
>curious, as I'd like to help a few folks clean house.   Is this possible
>with the way the RWS is implemented now (ie, some knob I'm not seeing)?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately neither the Whois port 43 service nor the Whois-RWS service
indicate if a POC has been marked valid or not. This would require an
enhancement to the Whois-RWS service. You can submit a request for this
enhancement via the ACSP submission form:
https://www.arin.net/app/suggestion/

And though this is not exactly what you are seeking, ARIN does generate a
report of resources without valid POCs. You can download that report under
the "Download & Services" section via ARIN Online.

I hope this is helpful information.

Andy Newton
Chief Engineer,
ARIN