[arin-tech-discuss] Any notification needed when changing advertising ASN?

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:49:15 EDT 2012

On 10/24/12, David H <ispcolohost at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, couldn't find this using the search tool; I was wondering if there
> is any documentation requirement when changing the ASN that advertises a
> given allocation?

Not a  _requirement_.   If you have chosen to enter an Origin AS for
the network;    it would be best practice to either update the data to
be correct,  or remove data that is no longer accurate, from the
network.     Keeping inaccurate data might result in confusion or
other unexpected negative results in the future.

It would be more important, to update/ensure any IRR records for the
new AS are accurate  with the registries such as RADB;   especially,
since  some  transit providers  may  use the IRR  data in an automated
manner  to construct  certain filters.

Again,  not absolutely mandatory.

--
-JH