[arin-tech-discuss] Question about the management of POC.

David Huberman dhuberma at arin.net
Tue Jun 19 15:28:15 EDT 2012

Hello,

Short answer: yes and yes. :)

Longer answer:

If you:

- create a POC handle; AND
- you specify makeLink=TRUE when you create the POC handle; AND
- that POC handle serves as either the OrgAdmin or the OrgTech for a given
OrgID; THEN

... the API key you used to create the POC handle has authority over that
OrgID.  That authority includes deleting the OrgID (when it has no number
resources associated with it).  That authority also includes REPLACING the
POC handle with something different.  Such activities can be performed
RESTfully or via ARIN Online.

Helpful hint: if you're going to replace a POC handle, and you wish to
retain authority over the OrgID, then you have to replace it with a POC
handle you created with makeLink=TRUE.  Otherwise you'd lose the authority
you previously had.

Hope that answers your questions!

Regards,
David