[arin-tech-discuss] FALSE vs. false on privateCustomer

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Fri Sep 16 09:28:05 EDT 2011

Aaron,

We define our XML using Relax NG, which defers to the W3C's XML Schema for primitive datatypes.
Unfortunately, XML Schema defines a boolean as either "true" or "false".
( http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#boolean )

We validate all inbound XML to insure data integrity, and the error you are getting is a schema violation error.

Admittedly, case insensitive "true" or "false" does seem limiting. I'll look into the feasibility of a backwards-compatible schema change that is more accepting of other logical notions of true and false.

Andy Newton
Chief Engineer