[arin-tech-discuss] Can Any one help me Please

Andy Newton andy at arin.net
Thu Apr 28 16:06:11 EDT 2011

Anupama,

My responses are inline...

On Apr 28, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Anupama Siripurapu wrote:

> i am working on ARIN Online. i.e RWS assignments,  i am getting 403 forbidden error when i hot the ARIN URL (test bed url)
> rest-beta-net/public url, which is given to us officially.

I assume you mean https://rest-beta.arin.net/public, which would be the ARIN Online public facing system for the REST beta/OT&E.
If you are getting a 403 with that URL, then your public facing source IP address is not in the access control list given to us by Verizon.

> in the assignment url we need to pass, parent_net -handle.
> i did who is for a particular network , and i dint get any parent_net_handle in the response of who_is, but i got HANDLE value.
>
> so , i hav egiven HANDLE value from the who is , in the are-assign url. with that i am getting 403 error..

Your 403 in this case is likely caused for the same reason I mentioned above.

> can any one please help me that, how do i get the PARENT _NET HANDLE for a particular network.

In Whois-RWS, the parent net handle is the handle attribute of the parentNetRef element returned in a net.
In the RESTful Provisioning system, the parent net handle is the content of the parentNet element in a net.

Andy Newton,
Chief Engineer, ARIN