[ARIN-Suggestions] ACSP 2020.12: IPv6 Fee Adjustment - Response and Closing

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Jun 24 08:19:27 EDT 2020

On 18 June we received a new suggestion regarding IPv6 fees. This
suggestion has been referred to the Board of Trustees and subsequently
closed.  You can view the suggestion  and response below or on the ARIN
website at:

https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/acsp/suggestions/2020-12.html

ACSP Suggestion 2020.12: IPv6 Fee Adjustment

Value to Community:

Will remove financial disincentive to deploying IPv6 without creating
incentives to engage in seeking small allocations (and thus potentially
providing micro-assignments to customers).

Timeframe: Not specified

Response:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2020.12 upon confirmed receipt,
requesting that we alter our fees to avoid surcharging small IPv4 ISPs
when they obtain IPv6 blocks.

Given that changes to the Fee Schedule are in the purview of the ARIN
Board of Trustees, this suggestion will be provided to the ARIN Board
Chair for future consideration.

Thank you for your participation in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process.  This suggestion is now closed.