[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to ACSP 2019.24: Publish Machine-readable Micro-allocation List

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Jan 21 10:11:24 EST 2020

On 16 January, we issued a response to ASCP 2019.24: Publish
Machine-readable Micro-allocation List.

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2019-24/

The full text of our response and the suggestion can be found below:

Suggestion

formats. Maybe as IRR route-set objects and/or JSON files.

Value to Community: While this information is already published on a
website, at
https://www.arin.net/reference/research/statistics/microallocations/ the
current format likely requires human intervention to make it
operationally useful for network automation or inclusion in routing
policy. Making the information available as IRR route-set objects and/or
JSON files would make this information more operationally useful.

Response

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.24 upon confirmed receipt,
that ARIN a publish machine-readable micro-allocations list.

     Currently the micro-allocations list is generated manually by
staff, like many of our other published reports and statistics. We
currently have a project in our development backlog to look at ways to
automate this reporting on the website.  Because your suggestion aligns
well with that effort, it will remain open for consideration as part of
an automated reporting project on our future work plan.

Regards,

The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)