[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to ACSP 2020.5: Service Availability Page

ARIN info at arin.net
Wed Feb 26 16:45:31 EST 2020

On 25 February we issued the following response to ACSP 2020.5: Service
Availability Page:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2020.5 on confirmed receipt,
asking that we create and maintain a public page that provides the
status of our services. We agree this would be beneficial improvement
and will place it on our list of future improvements so that it can be
prioritized.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until implemented.

The full text of the suggestion is available below, or at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2020-5/

ARIN should create and maintain a publicly available status page for
their services. This status page should reflect the current operational
status of ARIN’s services including but not limited to ARIN Online, all
aspects of RPKI, Whois, RDAP, IRR, Regrws, hostmaster email, DNS, and
all aspects of OTE.

Ideally, the status page would reflect each service component
individually with a colored indicator such as red for complete service
outage, yellow for service degradation, and green for service operating
normally.

Additionally, the status page should link to publicly available
post-incident reports.

Value to Community:

As ARIN has both planned and unplanned outages, a status page provides
the community which is dependent on ARIN for technical services a quick
method to determine information necessary for troubleshooting
operational issues, especially during non-business hours when ARIN plans
most of its scheduled maintenance. This status page would also provide
the community transparency into ARIN’s technical operations, earning
trust and building confidence for those dependent on ARIN for their
technical needs.

Regards,

The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)