[ARIN-Suggestions] Two ACSP responses issued

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Feb 18 15:52:40 EST 2020

We issued responses for two suggestions today.

1. ACSP 2020.1: RFC 8181-Compliant Publication Service for Delegated RPKI

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2020-1/

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2020.1 on confirmed receipt,
asking that we offer an RFC8181 compliant RPKI Publication Service for
members running Delegated RPKI.

We agree that offering RPKI publication as a service to customers would
provide benefit to those who wish to run delegated RPKI. We are closely
following emerging initiatives and will be looking to leverage existing
relevant work where possible.  This suggestion will remain open for
prioritization and inclusion on our future work plan.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process.

***

members running Delegated RPKI.

Value to Community:

Running Delegated RPKI offers considerable benefits to ARIN members who
want to be operationally independent from the Hosted RPKI system that
ARIN offers, for example because members require more automation than
the hosted web interface and ARIN RPKI API offer, or because they need
to manage ROAs for address space that is spread across multiple RIR regions.

Delegated RPKI lets organisations create and manage their own
Certificate Authority and ROAs, but publication of the cryptographic
material can be outsourced to a third party, as specified in RFC 8181.

ARIN already has extensive experience with hosting RPKI data and has all
the required infrastructure. Because there is an existing contractual
relationship between ARIN and members who use RPKI services, it makes
ARIN an ideal candidate for offering RPKI publication as a service.

Timeframe: Not specified

2. ACSP 2020.4: Web GUI for ARIN IRR

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2020-4/

That you for your suggestion, numbered 2020.4 upon confirmed receipt,
that we provide web UI available over an encrypted protocol for our IRR.

We are currently working to develop a new IRR service which will have a
web UI. This UI  will be available over HTTPS transport which is
encrypted.  We are scheduled to have this service available to ARIN
customers by the end of Q2 of 2020.

Thank you for participating in the ARIN Consultation and Suggestion
Process. Your suggestion will remain open until work is completed.

***

and also usable over an encrypted protocol.

Value to Community:

There is currently an issue with the usability of the ARIN IRR due to
the email interface and the manual process to get a PGP key added.

A web UI to create/delete/edit route(6)/as-set/aut-num objects would
greatly simplify the use of the IRR.

Timeframe: Not specified

Regards,

The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)