[ARIN-Suggestions] Response issued to ACSP 2019.19: Billing Reminders for 4X and 5X Category

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Oct 25 11:50:26 EDT 2019

On 25 October, we issued the following response to ACSP 2019.19:

Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.19 upon confirmed receipt,
asking that ARIN provide earlier billing notification to 4x and 5x sized
organizations. Per the current procedures documented on our website, we
do send the original invoice to the Billing Contact of record 60 days in
advance. However we don’t widen the distribution on reminders to include
Admin and Tech Points of Contact (POC) until 30 days from the due date.
We agree that this can create issues for some organizations, and we plan
to investigate the possibility of sending the initial, 60-day invoice to
a wider distribution.

This suggestion will remain open for consideration for inclusion on our
future work plan.

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

Suggestion Text:

or even 90 days notification instead of the standard 30 day
notification/invoice before a membership bill is due. The monetary value
of 4x and 5x invoices, many times require multiple financial documents
and signatures to be filled out by different executives before the bill
is due. This requires not only email but sometimes running from
executive office to executive office getting sign off on the payment
even with a purchase order already in place. As our company moves to
automation, even our financial payments are done automatically. If I
need to go outside that process because ARIN will not sign off on a
vendor database, it takes even longer to get signatures completed
because we are going “outside the process”.

Value to Community: This would allow members in the ARIN community
additional time with very large accounts to have additional time to get
the signatures in place before a bill is overdue. This is especially
important during election periods. Additionally, you have to be a member
in good standing to nominate a candidate for the advisory council. It
would be sad if a candidate was unable to run because a member could not
nominate them because of an overdue bill or a company could not vote
because they did not get enough sign off in time.