[ARIN-Suggestions] NEW ACSP 2019.19: Billing Reminders for 4X and 5X Category

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Oct 11 13:47:45 EDT 2019

On 10 October, we received a new suggestion, numbered 2019.19 upon confirmed
receipt, that ARIN send billing notices to 4X and 5X further in advance
of the due date. Staff is
reviewing this suggestion and will issue a formal response once analysis
is complete.

The full text of the suggestion may be found below or at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/community/acsp/suggestions/2019-19/

***

or even 90 days notification instead of the standard 30 day
notification/invoice before a membership bill is due. The monetary value
of 4x and 5x invoices, many times require multiple financial documents
and signatures to be filled out by different executives before the bill
is due. This requires not only email but sometimes running from
executive office to executive office getting sign off on the payment
even with a purchase order already in place. As our company moves to
automation, even our financial payments are done automatically. If I
need to go outside that process because ARIN will not sign off on a
vendor database, it takes even longer to get signatures completed
because we are going “outside the process”.

Value to Community: This would allow members in the ARIN community
additional time with very large accounts to have additional time to get
the signatures in place before a bill is overdue. This is especially
important during election periods. Additionally, you have to be a member
in good standing to nominate a candidate for the advisory council. It
would be sad if a candidate was unable to run because a member could not
nominate them because of an overdue bill or a company could not vote
because they did not get enough sign off in time.

***

Regards,

Communications and Member Services